- Black Lives Matter
- Black Girls Smile hosts a directory of help/crisis hotlines, resources for finding a mental health professional, and more.
- Black Visions Collective
- Chicago Black-Owned Restaurant Relief Fund
- The Chicago Freedom School nurtures leadership, liberatory education and youth activism in young people (ages 14-21) across the city of Chicago.
- Communities United for Police Reform is dedicated to eliminating discriminatory and abusive policing in New York City.
- Fair Fight promotes voter protection and educates voters on elections and their voting rights. The organization has mounted significant programs to combat voter suppression in Georgia and nationally.
- Loveland Foundation makes it possible for black women and girls across the country to receive therapy support.
- The Marshall Project is a non-profit news organization focused on police accountability, policing tactics, and prisoners’ rights.
- Minnesota Freedom Fund An organization that pays criminal bails and immigration bond for those who can’t afford to as we seek to end discriminatory, coercive, and oppressive jailing.
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund The NAACP’s legal organization fighting social justice.
- The Okra Project is a grassroots, organizer-led initiative with the goal of fighting food insecurity in the black trans community.
- RECLAIM increases access to mental health support so that queer and trans youth ages 12-26 may reclaim their lives from oppression in all its forms.
- Reclaim the Block
Bail FundsNational Bail Fund Network or local bail funds across the US
- ActBlue will split your donation between 38 community bail funds.
- The Bail Project provides bail relief in 22 cities, including New York, Chicago, and Houston.
- The Emergency Relief Fund works within New York City to keep trans people out of jail.
- COVID Bail Out NYC will help post bail for medically vulnerable people held in New York City jails and provide comprehensive post-release support, such as shelter and food, for these individuals.
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Black Lives Matter has created this website with resources that include: Other Ways to Help Petitions to Sign Text or Call And More…
- Black Lives Matter at School – NEA
- 26 Ways to Be in the Struggle Beyond the Streets – From 2014…
- The Commons: Social Change Library
- The Article 20 Network
- Know Your Rights Camp National Police Accountability Project
- How to Support the Struggle Against Police Brutality – The Cut, June 14, 2020
- Lit Hub List of Black-Owned Bookstores – June 3, 2020
- 27 Black-Owned Bookstores You Can Order Online From Now – Bustle.com June 8, 2020
Our Favorite Bookstores
- The Lit. Bar (Bronx) Founded by Noëlle Santos in 2019, three years after the Bronx lost its one-and-only bookstore, The Lit. Bar continues to serve its “bookboos” virtually. Although the attached wine bar is closed due to COVID-19 at the time of this writing, The Lit. Bar continues to fulfill online orders from its curated selection in the meantime. Click here to shop.
- Printed Matter, Inc. Founded in 1976, Printed Matter, Inc. is the world’s leading non-profit organization dedicated to the dissemination, understanding, and appreciation of artists’ books and related publications.
- Word Up Community Bookshop Word Up is a program of the 501(c)3 nonprofit organization Seven Stories Institute, whose mission is to provide necessary books to communities that do not otherwise have access to them, to stimulate discussion of important policy issues within those communities who have the most to lose in the current political and economic crises but have the least access to the terms of the debate.