Our Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, Gessy Alvarez offers developmental editing services for flash and short fiction.
For more information about Gessy Alvarez, go to: gessyalvarez.com.
Editing with a focus on the structure and content of your work. Gessy uses a collaborative approach taking into consideration the author’s stylistic intentions, and offering thoughtful recommendations. Written critiques may be challenging, but the goal is to help the writer make the best possible work. Here are some sample questions addressed in a typical critique: What is this work about? Who is it for? What’s the best way to structure the work? What needs to be included? What needs to be left out? Some big-picture things addressed in the critique include: structure, pacing, theme, and plot.
- Open to all fiction – English-language writers only
- Original, unpublished work only
- No simultaneous submissions
- We reserve the right to decline any work submitted
NOTE: Work submitted for for-pay DP Editorial Services will not be considered for publication by Digging Press or Digging Through The Fat, and is not eligible for the Digging Press Chapbook Award.
- Short Fiction 1,000 – 3,000 words – $100/per story
- Short Fiction 3,001 – 5,000 words – $150/per story